Diligence means accepting each task given to us as a special assignment from the Lord and investing time and energy to complete it. The Lord will reward faithful excellence.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing in this message that you found particularly encouraging, beneficial, or challenging?
- Read and discuss Matthew 25:14-30. What else stands out to you about this passage that you did not discuss last week?
- Which of the lessons from the parable that Pastor Bruce drew out resonated with you most?
- Have you ever said, “Lord, why did you make me this way?” based on your skills and abilities as compared to someone else’s? Are there ways in which you still wrestle with that?
- Do you consider yourself valuable to others? Do you consider yourself valuable to God? Why or why not? What criteria are you basing your answers on?
- What is diligence? What examples of diligence have you observed in your life? What role does diligence have as we follow Jesus? What area(s) of your life you need the Lord’s help to grow in diligence?
- As you consider the work you do, are you working first to please the Lord? In what ways is this difficult for you? In what ways have you grown in this?
- How can we avoid the danger of “misjudging the character of the Master”?