Wisdom for Living, Part 9: Wisely Cultivating Relationships
In wisely cultivating relationships, choose to be around people who are wise, are committed to truth-telling, have a good reputation, are prudent, are humble, and use words well.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out to you in the message from this weekend on wisely cultivating relationships?
- Think about and discuss the 6 points from today’s message.
Choose to cultivate relationships with people…
- Who are wise
- Who are committed to truth-telling
- With a good reputation
- Who are prudent
- Who are humble
- Who use words well
- Which of these do you feel are true of you in some measure? Which do you feel you could use some additional attention?
- Pick one of the words above and do a word search in the Bible. Share a Scripture about that particular quality.
- Who is someone who stands out to you in exemplifying one or more of these qualities?
- What step can you take to incorporate additional voices into your life who live out these qualities?
- If you feel comfortable, share with the group an experience of a challenging relationship related to one of these qualities.