Wisdom for Living, Part 1: Get Wisdom
Proverbs are instructions to obtain wisdom for making decisions that result in successful living.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What element of this message stood out to you the most? What was the most impactful?
- Read Proverbs 1:1-7. Of the 4 main points (listed below), which one do you need to think about more often in your daily living? Discuss what you mean by this.
- For Effective Living
- To be Righteous, Just and Fair
- To be Prudent, not Naïve
- To Grasp Life’s Complexities
- Who is one of the wisest people you know? What evidence or fruit do you see in his or her life? How do they live out the four characteristics of Proverbs 1?
- Discuss the four types of people we find throughout the book of Proverbs. In what ways have you observed these being lived out in the world around you?
- The Wise – One who embraces wisdom
- The Fool – One who resists wisdom
- The Simple – One who is in attentive to wisdom
- The Scoffer – One who rejects wisdom
- What decision or next step are you facing that requires unique wisdom?