Selfish ambition can be disguised as spiritual ability, though sinful people are used to accomplish God’s sovereign purposes. Syncretism has serious consequences, and salvation is only found through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out to you most in this week’s message?
- Pastor David made the distinction between selfish ambition and spiritual ambition. How can you personally tell when you are operating out of one or the other?
- How does the realization that God uses sinful people to accomplish his sovereign purposes both encourage us and warn us?
- What is syncretism? How do you see syncretism in our culture today? What are some consequences for Christians who become syncretistic?
- How does this passage ultimately point us forward to the salvation found in Jesus Christ?