Will you stand with your biblical Christian convictions against a world that is looking for evidence to confirm their suspicion that we are hypocritical, judgmental, and self-righteous?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing from this message that you found particularly helpful, challenging, or encouraging?
- What does it mean that we are “strangers and pilgrims” on this earth (1 Peter 2:11 KJV)? How do you observe that in your own life?
- If you work at a job with unbelievers, do you let your coworkers know about your faith convictions, or do you keep that hidden? How could you engage in greater dialogue about spiritual matters?
- Read and discuss 1 Peter 3:8-22. Based on this passage, how should we conduct ourselves in this broken world? How can these words guide our conversations and relationships with unbelievers?
- What are the differences between “being” and “doing”? Why is it important that our being and our doing match?
- What are some of the character qualities that demonstrated Daniel’s “excellent spirit”?
- Spend some time in prayer that God would merge our “being” and our “doing,” and that He would give us boldness to live by faith in this world.