We will either humble ourselves before God, or He will humble us. If we are rooted and grounded in Christ, we find that in Him is all wisdom and all knowledge. When we acknowledge our brokenness, that is when wisdom flows.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing about this message that you found particularly compelling, encouraging, challenging, or beneficial?
- In what ways do you tend to “calculate the average”? Why?
- Read and discuss 1 Peter 5:1-7, Luke 18:9-14, Proverbs 3:5-6, 13:10. What do you note about pride and humility in these verses? What does it mean to “clothe” or “dress” yourself in humility (1 Peter 5:5)?
- How would you define pride? What examples can you think of? What is the root cause of pride?
- What are the effects on pride in a family, business, church or organization? How does pride poison everything around it? In what ways have you observed or experienced this?
- What is humility? What examples of humility have you seen? In what ways have you been impacted by the humility of others?
- What is the relationship between wisdom and humility? Why does wisdom flow from humility?
- How can humility be cultivated? What adjustments do you need to make in your life?
- How does the gospel of Jesus both call and enable us to humility?