The Lord’s Prayer teaches us to bring requests to God because He cares about our needs. But as we make our petitions, we ought to seek to know and be like Him above all else.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What struck you most in this message?
- Discuss the caveats from this message that our greatest need is to know and be like Jesus, as well as to pray with right motives? How do these shape the expression of prayers about felt needs?
- What would you consider your top needs today?
- If embracing God’s forgiveness facilitates our ability to forgive others, consider anyone in your life who you are struggling to forgive. Explain.
- Are you able to fully embrace that God truly cares for you? If not, what tends to get in the way?
- How have you handled God’s Yes, No, and Not Yet answers to prayer?
- How have you seen the reality that your prayers matter and that you should be persistent?
- What will be different in your life this week because of this sermon?