In Jesus Christ, our daily walk with His Holy Spirit brings true freedom. Freedom is not doing whatever we want, but wisely living by the law of love.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out to you most about this week’s message on the Holy Spirit and freedom?
- What distinctives have you observed or experienced between a biblical view of freedom and modern cultural views of freedom?
- Discuss the notion that we are all slaves. How does that strike you? How well are you able to stay connected to that reality? Why would it be important to do so?
- Are there ways in which you struggle to fully embrace Romans 8:1 – that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ? Discuss struggles you face appropriating that reality in your daily life.
- Discuss the reality of God’s moral law as a boundary or guardrail for our lives. How do you experience that reality? Is it a burden or does it bring freedom? Explain your view.
- Read James 2:8 and Mark 12:28-31. In Christ we are free by the power of the Holy Spirit to love others as we love ourselves. What are some of the challenges of living out this command?
- What are some of the issues in daily living that require us to make wise decisions regarding another brother or sister? Since meat sacrificed to idols is not a common challenge in our context, how might this play out in the local church today?
- Evaluate the Holy Spirit teaching series. What have been the most valuable, helpful, or difficult pieces of this series for you?