The Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity, has an immensely important role in creation, in revelation and inspiration, and in salvation.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was the main thing you learned about the Trinity from this message?
- How did this message affect, change, or challenge your understanding of God?
- What is the significance of the involvement of the Triune God in creation?
- How does Jesus’ statement in John 16:13-15 affect your perspective on the Bible? In what way(s) does this foster confidence in the truth of God’s Word?
- Mark pointed out a number of Scripture passages that show us attributes of the Holy Spirit. Among your group, have members read John 16:13-15, Romans 8:2, 1 Corinthians 2:10-12, and Psalm 139:7-10. What do these verses teach us about the attributes of the Holy Spirit?
- What role does the Holy Spirit play in drawing a person to Christ? How does this shape your perspective on evangelism?
- Looking at Philippians 2:12-13, what is the tension in these two verses in living out the Christian life? Are you drawn more to one side of the spectrum? What are the dangers of leaning to the extreme on either side?
- There are two primary errors regarding the Holy Spirit. The first is placing too much emphasis on the Holy Spirit; the second is placing too little emphasis on the Holy Spirit. Which error do you think you personally lean towards?
- What is your main takeaway from this message?