Because of our fallen nature, humans are capable of committing any sin at any time, given the right circumstances. Great men in Scripture wrote very bad final chapters of their lives due to lack of discnerment in this area. Discernment dictates the decisions which dictate our future.
- Read and discuss Romans 3:10-20. What does this passage say about the nature of man? Of God?
- What role does discernment play in the Christian life? In what way does discernment dictate our decisions?
- How does our capacity for sin affect our discernment?
- What is an area in which you generally have good discernment? Where is your discernment usually weak?
- How can we avoid having a poor “final chapter”?