An “old guy” encourages young people (and not-so-young people) to live lives filled with wisdom and integrity.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing about this message that you found particularly compelling, encouraging, challenging, or beneficial?
- How is knowledge without wisdom a dead-end street?
- Read and discuss Proverbs 4:20-27. How would you distill the points of wisdom here? What bits of wisdom have you gathered through time and experience?
- In what ways is there confusion about and abuse of authority in these present days? How should authority be wielded from a biblical standpoint?
- Why should we “guard” our hearts? What does this mean? How do we do this?
- Why should we “put away” perverse ways of speaking? In what ways do our words reveal our hearts? How have you observed or experienced this?
- What does it mean for our “gaze to be straight” before us? In what ways do you tend to struggle with this?
- What does it mean to “ponder your path”? Where in your life do you need to correct your course?
- Has life turned out as you expected it to when you were younger?
- In what ways are you passing on wisdom to the rising generations? Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed.