We are called to follow our Lord Jesus, even if no one is standing with us. Standing alone means knowing that Christ lives in us, so that we speak and live in the truth.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- The statements from Jesus in Luke 6:20-23 tend to be viewed by many as unreasonable. How can you see from the LORD’s point of view that they are actually a logical and reasonable expectation?
- Have you ever had to stand alone for the LORD before? If so, what were the circumstances surrounding it?
- Commenting on How to Stand Alone, three aspects were mentioned: Being Filled with the Holy Spirit, Having a Right Attitude, and Being Courageous. What else would you add to these?
- To be filled with the Holy Spirit, four basic foundational practices were highlighted: Prayer, Focusing on Jesus Christ, Offering Our Bodies to Him, and Learning Scriptural Truth. What else should be considered so the Holy Spirit governs our behavior?
- Pastor Bruce suggested making a private appeal to someone espousing false philosophies or godless behavior but he didn’t cover how to make an appeal. How does a person make a proper appeal?