The Holy Spirit leads, guides, and reveals truth to those who are devout. Waiting is the soil in which God grows us spiritually.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful, or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- What is something you marvel at?
- Read and discuss Luke 2:25-35. What is the significance of the intersection of righteousness and revelation in these verses?
- Are you good at waiting for things? Why is waiting difficult? How does waiting remind us that we are not in control?
- How has God used waiting to develop you spiritually? What’s something you are waiting for now?
- Have you ever received what you’d consider supernatural guidance or revelation from the Holy Spirit? Why do we need the light of revelation?
- How does the gospel point us to expecting, longing and waiting for the return of Christ?
- Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed. Pray that the Lord would help you marvel at His grace to us in Christ Jesus and that His Spirit would lead us to “wait well” for our coming King.