What would it take for us to embrace God’s mission for us to love our neighbors so seriously that it becomes the driving priority of our lives?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Matthew 4:19 says “And he said to them, ‘follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.”‘ If we do not sense we are growing in our compassion for the lost or becoming more engaged as a fisher of men, how can we evaluate if we are truly following Jesus?
- What is the difference between an addition model and a multiplication model of evangelism? What is required if you are going to follow the multiplication model as Jesus did?
- Three motivations were given as to why we should passionately share our faith with those around us. Why do you think these don’t seem to motivate believers to share the gospel with others?
- God commands us to.
- The love of God compels us to.
- The judgment of God and the reality of hell should move us to.
- A fourth motivation was given for us to share our faith with others from the Jonah 2:6-9 which is;
what I forfeit or lose when I disconnect from God and His Mission. Read through Jonah 2:6-9 and explain how disconnecting from God and His mission results in forfeiting what is yours in Christ.
- What do you need to remember about God to choose to live on mission every day?
- What did you take away from the Uber driver illustration?