God is building His kingdom whether you realize it or not. So you’d better realize it.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- Have you ever “given up on theology”? Why or why not? What place does theology hold in the life of the church and/or in the life of an individual believer?
- Read and discuss Psalm 78. What does this tell us about us? What does it tell us about God? What big picture concepts are here in these verses? Where is Jesus in these verses?
- Where do you see the pattern of rebellion and response in these verses? What do God’s responses tell you about Him? What application does this have for us today? Do you see this pattern in your own life?
- Why does Jesus quote Psalm 78 in Matthew 13:34-35?
- Do you struggle with reconciling love and wrath in the person of God? Why?
- Recount the Parable of the Fifth Hammer from Chris’ message. What “fifth hammers” have you experienced in your engagement with the church?
- What is repentance? How does repentance allow us to recognize and realize God’s kingdom?
- Are there cycles of sin and rebellion in your life that you need to turn from? Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed. Give God thanks for the goodness of His wrath and grace.