The parable of the sower describes four different conditions of the human heart. We are called to be “Soil Four,” rooted in God’s Word and bearing the fruit of faithfulness.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing that you found particularly encouraging, challenging, or helpful in this message?
- What is the difference between “hearing” and “listening”?
- Read and discuss Matthew 13:1-23. Why did Jesus use parables to teach? What is the point of this parable?
- Which of the four soils from the parable would you say you are or have been?
- What is the distinction between a belief that saves and a belief that does not?
- How can we avoid compromising or distorting the gospel? What are the effects of a distorted gospel?
- How has internet technology provided “an infusion of culture” into our lives and into the church? In what ways do you struggle with this? How do we need to be vigilant in regards to what we “let in” through our screens?
- Are there ways you need to “wrestle with God instead of apart from God”?
- What does it mean that believers are “eternally secure” in Christ? How is this an anchor for living the Christian life?