Those serving in frontier missions must, like missionary C.T. Studd, be willing to surrender and sacrifice, trust God for their finances, and cultivate a passion for evangelism.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is one thing you found especially challenging, beneficial, or encouraging from this message?
- Would you say you have a passion for evangelism? Why or why not?
- Read and discuss Luke 15:3-7, Matthew 28:16-20 and Romans 15:17-21. What stands out to you from these verses? What does it look like to apply them in the context of your life?
- In what ways is Jesus a model for missions?
- In what ways is the life of frontier missionary C.T. Studd both encouraging and intimidating?
- Consider one person in you life with whom you could share Jesus. Who are they, and how would you anticipate they might respond to the gospel? Spend some time in prayer with your small group and report back the next time you meet.