Believers are called to apply gospel principles to our hearts and our wallets. We must realize that all we have belongs to the Lord, we must know that wealth does not satisfy, we must embrace contentment, and we must guard against security becoming an idol.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What impacted you the most in this message?
- When you consider your resources and possessions, do you tend to see them as your own or the Lord’s?
- Discuss the challenges of being grateful in times of financial difficulty.
- Look up Proverbs 11:28, 23:4-5, 16:8, 22:1, and 15:25. Discuss.
- If contentment is “wanting what you already have,” discuss the struggle we all face for more.
- Have you ever made a decision that seemed to others to go against traditional financial wisdom?