God calls His people to give faithfully and generously as an investment in eternity. Have you invited Jesus to be Lord of your wallet?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What impacted you the most in this message?
- When the issues of “giving” is brought up, what is your first gut response? Is it easy to discuss or do you at times feel defensive? Explain
- How do you respond to the discussion on tithing? Is that a new perspective for you? Do you agree or disagree and why?
- 2 Corinthians 9:7 says that each one should determine in his heart what he has decided to give. Does this feel like freedom or pressure? How have you typically “determined in your heart”?
- Read Matthew 6:19-20. What does it mean to lay up treasures in heaven? In what ways are you investing in heaven?
- How has this message changed your perspective on giving? Do you have clarity on any changes you might make on the road ahead?