Living Joyfully on Mission
Our personal freedoms are not as important as our personal relationships. We must seek to be a people who affirms the culture where we can and builds rapport with all types of people, so that, that we might “win some.”
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing from this message that you found particularly helpful, encouraging, or challenging?
- What are some barriers or obstacles that might exist to spreading the gospel message in Northern Virginia?
- What does it mean to “do evangelism” today, when people on your street may believe that all roads lead to heaven? How do you speak truth to a person who doesn’t believe such a thing exists?
- Read and discuss 1 Corinthians 9:19-23. How did the apostle Paul adapt his ministry to the different cultures around him? What does it mean that he became “weak, that I might win the weak”? What should our lives look like if we are following Paul’s example in this passage?
- Which areas in your life do you interact with people who don’t follow Christ? Are there ways you’ve found to present the gospel in those contexts? What are some other ideas you could try?
- Spend some time in prayer that we would live lives in such a way that when people encounter us, they feel compelled to know more about our Lord.