Living Faith, Part 6: A Living Faith Validated by Works
Faith comes to its full fruition, validation, and completion when it finds its natural outgrowth in effective works that reflect the faith we say we have.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stands out to you regarding this message?
- Discuss the tension between Paul’s focus on faith and works versus James’ focus on faith and works (deeds).
- Do you struggle with doing good deeds to gain God’s favor as opposed to doing them because you already have God’s favor in Christ?
- What do you believe are the most important manifestations of being a true follower of Christ, having a living faith?
- Do you have clarity on what your spiritual gifts might be? How have you sought to live those out in your journey?
- When you hear the phrase “Holy Discontent” what comes to your mind?
- What is a practical step you can take to live out this message in the coming weeks?