To avoid the sin of partiality, we do not seek out others for personal gain, we give to others who are unlikely to give back to us, and we build relationship with people who are not like us.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- How do you view favoritism in our world?
- Do you see any ways that favoritism manifests itself in today’s church world?
- Are there any ways you are tempted to show favoritism?
- What steps can you take to bridge the gap with someone who is not like you?
- What do you think would help the church (even our own church) to address the disconnect between various people groups?
- Do you have an example of how someone has built a bridge to someone unlike them?