“Living the dream” will always be a dream because we live in a world where sin abounds. Jesus showed that dying to ourselves is the way to life.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is one thing from this message that you found challenging, encouraging, or helpful?
- What is your dream? Have your dreams changed during different seasons of life? Do you feel like you’re “living the dream,” or do you feel like you’re always coming up short of it?
- In what ways do you feel like you have been living for “the dream” instead of living for the King? Why is that “living for the dream will always be a dream”?
- Read and discuss John 12:20-26. How does the image of a seed reflect the gospel and the Christian life? What does it look like to “hate” your life in this world? What is involved in serving and following Jesus? How does that relate to your dreams?
- Spend some time in prayer that God would align your hopes and dreams with His will for your life, and that your desires would become His desires.