Christopher and his parents share their family testimony of redemption and grace. The Yuans’ amazing story, told from the perspectives of father, mother and son, offers encouragement and hope for anyone who was or has a prodigal.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing about this message that you found particularly beneficial, insightful, or difficult?
- What is the worst news you’ve ever received? How did you respond?
- How did you first learn about sex and sexuality? If you are a parent, how did you (or will you) discuss this with your children? In what ways do you find it difficult to navigate the topic of sexuality in our society and culture?
- Consider Christopher’s statement, “When you encounter Jesus, He will impact every aspect of your life.” Have you found this to be true in your life? What are the implications of this on our sexuality? On other areas?
- Discuss this statement: “Unconditional love is not the same thing as unconditional approval of my behavior.” What does this mean? How do you apply this statement?
- Read and discuss Galatians 2:21-22. Is Jesus your life? How do you experience this? What idols in your life get in the way? In what ways do you tend to “set aside the grace of God” (v. 22, ESV)?
- “The opposite of every sin struggle is holiness.” What are the implications of this?
- What desires, passions or attractions do you need to submit to the Word of God?
- How does “chastity in singleness, faithfulness in marriage” summarize biblical sexuality?
- Spend some time praying for the things you’ve discussed. Pray that God would reveal any area of your life that is misaligned with His Word.