God’s Design: The Importance of Fathers
Fathers provide direction as they respond to God’s intended design for men by leading, instructing, disciplining, and providing protection.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out to you in this message?
- Discuss the notion that fathers are called by God to provide direction. Provide biblical passages to support your thoughts.
- In what ways are earthly fathers designed to be a reflection of our Heavenly Father?
- When you consider your own earthly father, what was your experience, both positive and negative? How did your life with a father shape your view of God?
- Respond to the commissioning of fathers to lead, instruct and discipline, and provide protection?
- Describe someone you know who reflects these realities.
- Take time to pray for the fathers and grandfathers in your group and anyone else who is particularly struggling in their fathering.