Why can you take a step of faith in the midst of the storm when God calls you? Because He loves you more than you can possibly imagine, and because He will equip you and enable you.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was something from this message that encouraged, blessed, or challenged you?
- Why don’t we spend more time in prayer? Discuss what you think of Samuel Chadwick’s quote: “Satan dreads nothing but prayer. His one concern is to keep the saints from praying. He fears nothing from prayerless studies, prayerless work, prayerless religion. He laughs at our toil, he mocks our wisdom, but he trembles when we pray.”
- Why doesn’t Jesus resolve the “storms” in our life faster? Why do we have to “endure” some “storms” for a long time?
- Why is it hard to take a “step of faith” in the direction God is calling us during a storm?
- What are some common techniques that Satan uses to distract us from keeping our focus on Jesus?
- How can we keep our eyes securely fixed on Jesus, especially in the midst of a storm?
- How does the presence of other brothers and sisters in Christ help you in your walk with Jesus?