The Lord Jesus Christ is your ultimate master. Do everything as though you are doing it for Him, no matter who your earthly authority is at this time.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing in this message that you found particularly encouraging, beneficial, or challenging?
- Read and discuss Colossians 3:22-4:1. Does this section make you feel provoked, offended or uneasy? Why or why not? In what ways do these verses challenge or confront you?
- Read and discuss Romans 6:16-22. In what way is Jesus Christ our “ultimate Master”? What does it mean to be a slave of Christ? What are the implications of this?
- Read and discuss the book of Philemon. In what ways does this demonstrate how Jesus dissolves human divisions and barriers? What are the practical implications for you today?
- How is true freedom found in the gospel? What does that look like in your life?
- What is a Christian response to modern-day slavery? What practical ways might you or your Shepherd Group address this?