As soon as you leave the kingdom of darkness and enter the kingdom of God’s Son, you take on a new purpose and submit to a new authority.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is one thing you found especially challenging, beneficial, or encouraging from this message?
- What does it mean to “live with purpose”? What would you say the purpose of your life is? How is that reflected in the ways in which you are actually living?
- Read and discuss Matthew 28:16-20, Colossians 1:15-20, 2 John 1:5-6, Matthew 7:24, Revelation 19:11-16. What do you note about the authority of Jesus?
- What does it mean that Jesus is our authority? How does that affect how you read and respond to these passages?
- How does identify drive our purpose? What happens in the life of a person if these things are not connected to eternity? How is this reflected in your life?
- In what ways does the gospel turn our human inclinations upside down?