All Things New: Living As a Child of God, Part 1
Many of the fundamental truths of the Christian faith become diluted over time. But grasping those basic concepts is crucial in helping us live out what God says is true of us.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is one thing you found especially challenging, beneficial, or encouraging from this message?
- What does it mean to be a “child of God”? What is your understanding of this phrase? Why is it important to know what God says about us?
- Read Galatians 2:20-21, Romans 12:1-2 and 2 Corinthians 5:17. What are some of the “basics” of the Christian life that these verses highlight? What are some other “basics” you can think of?
- In what ways have some of those basics have become diluted in your life?
- What does it mean to be justified? How does this happen? Why does this matter?
- How would you say the gospel has transformed your life? How is transformation distinct from justification in the Christian life?
- What does it mean to “calculate the average”? In what ways have you done this?
- What does it mean that our identity is “in Christ”? How does our culture shape our identity? By contrast, how does Scripture inform our identity?
- Discuss Pastor Mike’s tagline: “Idolatry is a godless identity.” In what ways can we fall into idolatry by taking good things and making them ultimate things? How does that affect our identity?