A “know so” hope means recognizing that doubting is human, that this life is not all there is, that this life does not compare to what is to come, and that this world’s trouble is temporary.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out to you most in this message?
- Some of us feel the need for more proof in order to believe. Are you more or less of a doubting Thomas? Explain.
- What are some ways in which you have had a difficult time continuing to believe/trust God in the midst of difficulty?
- What are the key promises of God that you hold onto when life is difficult? Can you think of a particular verse of Scripture?
- Regarding the notion of biblical lament, discuss your ability to implement the process of: Turning to God, Bringing Your Complaint, Asking Boldly for Help, and Choosing to Trust.
- Is there a situation in your life right now that you need to bring to the Lord through the process of biblical lament? Describe that situation?
- Consider closing your group in prayers of lament for the urgent matters that your group members are facing.