A Blessed Life
Life is short. Eternity is long. Invest heavily in the latter.
You can view the full service here, which includes Pastor Mike’s thank you slideshow and words from RBC pastors.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was something from this message that you found helpful, encouraging, or challenging?
- React to Pastor Mike’s perspective that a church is built on the people, not the pastor. Discuss Ephesians 4:11-14. It what ways do the people build the church? How do you see God’s design for your contribution to the church?
- Pastor Mike spoke of the inevitable place that suffering has in each of our lives. Read 2 Corinthians 4:7-18. How have your struggles shaped you to be more of the person God wants you to be?
- One of the points discussed in the message was the importance of being in community. Read 1 Corinthians 12:12-26. How have you witnessed the community of Christ be used by the Spirit in your life?
- Read 1 Peter 5:5-7 and James 4:6-8. Discuss the statement that it is better to humble yourself than to be humbled. Is there a situation in your own life that is a testament to this idea? Explain.
- Time is a challenging thing in our world. The older we get, the faster it seems to go and the less of it we have ahead of us. Discuss how your perspective on time has changed over the years. Read Ephesians 5:15-17. Are there any adjustments you believe that you need to make in your life to be able to make the most of more opportunities?