The orphan crisis is vast and the needs are great.
The statistics are alarming:
- There are over 15 million children without a father and mother
- Tens of millions more are fatherless
- In the U.S., 500,000 children live in foster care
There are approximately 2,100 times in Scripture where caring for the poor and oppressed are mentioned. The poor include the alien (or stranger), the widow, the orphan, and others who are weak, afflicted, sick, oppressed, destitute, or in prison.
With regard to the orphan, Scripture specifically reveals the following:
- God loves the orphan
- God defends the orphan
- God commands His people to care for the orphan
- God opposes those who would harm the orphan
- God is the Author of adoption
HOPE Adoption and Orphan Care Ministry and RBC believe that the church is God’s answer to the orphan crisis, and this ministry seeks to be faithful to God’s calling to care for the orphan.
HOPE is also an outreach to families who have adopted, are in the process of adopting or are interested in adopting. We would love to encourage and support you any way we can.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for more information.