“Bereans” is a reference to the people who lived in the town of Berea during the early church age, and they are described in Acts 17 as a group that “searched the Scriptures daily.”
That’s what happens in our Berean Adult Bible Fellowship – we search the Scriptures! So, if you are looking for a place to dig deep into God’s Word and share that joyful experience with others, then come to the Bereans Adult Bible Fellowship group.
Bereans typically do book studies, selecting a book of the Bible and going through it verse by verse and topic by topic. We don’t follow a particular schedule but rather go at a pace so as to thoroughly cover whatever text we’re in.
Here are some of the other characteristics of Bereans:
- In-depth teaching based on Scripture and led by men who desire to shepherd God’s people through teaching, encouragement and the fostering of Christian community. The group has an interactive atmosphere in which questions can be asked freely, and difficult topics are addressed in an open and straightforward manner.
- Welcoming, friendly, a mix of ages consisting of couples and singles. Everyone is welcome.
- Fellowship enjoyed both within and outside of the group meetings. Each class period begins with refreshments and informal conversation. Organized social events are conducted several times a year.
- Concern for each other expressed through prayer and care for one another.
- Opportunities to find and form special relationships which can extend well beyond the time spent together on Sunday mornings.
About the study leader
There are two kinds of people who hail from Illinois—those from Chicago … and those from basically Iowa. Chris was proudly born and raised in the latter. In 2000, he graduated from the University of Illinois with a B.A. in graphic design and a heart for missions. After a year in Istanbul with Campus Crusade for Christ, he joined staff with Cru and served another four years as a graphic designer at their headquarters in Orlando. Happily, it was there where he met and wooed his future wife—Jen Hill. Chris and Jen married in 2005 and honeymooned in Reston for three years before moving to the Boston area to attend Gorden-Conwell Theological Seminary. During their four years at GCTS, Chris and Jen had two sons: Jack and William. In his free time, Chris earned an M.Div. After graduating, the Andersons returned to Northern Virginia to be close to Jen’s family. Chris is currently the senior graphic designer at Alliant Studios in Fairfax. He is a storyteller at heart and is passionate about both God’s Word and God’s church.