Wisdom for Living, Part 5: The Sovereignty of God
God oversees all world affairs, so we need not be rattled by anything going on around us. Our choices and God’s purposes are woven together, and, in His sovereignty, God will prevail.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is one thing that stood out to you from today’s message and why?
- Have you ever struggled with reconciling God’s love and His sovereignty in the midst of difficult times? How have you worked through that struggle?
- In what ways has it been difficult to embrace the sovereignty of God in your own life?
- Which of the four points from today’s message helped you the most?
- God oversees all world affairs (Proverbs 21:1)
- Human choices and God’s sovereignty exist together (Proverbs 16:9)
- We trust that everything has a purpose (Proverbs 16:1-4)
- God will prevail in the end (Proverbs 21:30)
- Discuss an experience you’ve had where, in retrospect, you can see the sovereign hand of God at work.
- What other verses in the Bible do you find encouraging related to the sovereignty of God? (Here are a few to help get you started.)
- Do you feel equipped to respond to challenges from others related to the sovereignty of God? What would you say to them?