What do we do when Jesus’ claims contradict our experiences? What you believe about Jesus will define you.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- Take some time to read through John 6. What stands out to you? What themes do you notice? What do you learn about ourselves in this chapter? What do we learn about Jesus? What does John 6 have to do with Easter?
- Why is it that so much of the gospel accounts seem to be focused on the mistakes and misunderstandings of the disciples?
- In what ways can we seek Jesus with wrong motives?
- What has Jesus asked you to do for those around you? How would you describe your level of obedience?
- What are your go-to excuses for those times when you struggle with faithful obedience? How does what you believe about Jesus affect this? How can you grow in joyful obedience?
- How has Jesus challenged you to participate in ministry? What do you lack that He must provide?
- How do Jesus' claims sometimes contradict our experiences? What do you do with the claims of Jesus you don't understand? Can you think of any examples?
- What hard questions about life do you have?
- Spend some time in prayer for the things you've discussed.