When we declare that “to live is Christ,” our difficulties advance the gospel, our difficulties empower others, we give grace regarding the flaws in others, and we accept suffering as part of God’s plan.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out to you in this message?
- Read John 15:4-5, Colossians 3:1-4, Galatians 2:20-21. Put into your own words what it means to have your identity in Christ.
- When you consider the difficulties of your life, how do you think that God might be using them?
- Have you or someone you know come to faith in Christ as the direct result of the testimony of someone else’s difficult journey? Explain.
- Have you had an opportunity to see someone benefit from your handling of a challenging trial? Explain.
- In your journey in life have you been able to make progress in seeing the value of suffering? Explain.