Whenever pride and anger lead the way, love has left the room. Love is the ultimate apologetic.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing that you found particularly encouraging, challenging, or helpful in this message?
- How would you define “love”?
- Read and discuss John 13:31-35. What does this tell us about love? Why is love presented as the superlative virtue in Scripture?
- Read and discuss Matthew 22:37-40, James 2:8, 1 Corinthians 13:7-8, 13, 1 Peter 4:8, and Proverbs 10:12. How do these verses deepen our understanding of love? What other verses can you think of that address love?
- How is love doctrinal? How is love attractional?
- In what ways does Jesus embody the full nature of love?
- Discuss Pastor Mike’s statement, “Whenever pride and anger lead the way, love has just left the room.” How have you observed or experienced this?
- In what ways have you personally experienced the transformational nature of love?
- Who in your life is difficult to love? What is one thing you can do to serve them this week?