The most personal of God’s names is Yahweh, a name that represents all the various moral attributes that God displays in relationship to His creation.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out to you in the message from this Sunday?
- Discuss YHWH as the eternally self-existent, covenant-making God who is the “elephant in the living room”? What does that mean to you personally?
- Discuss why the religious leaders had such a strong response to Jesus’ statement, “Before Abraham was, I am.”
- What are the implications of Jesus’ claim for you personally?
- Discuss your challenges and successes in spending time in God’s Word on a regular basis to get to know Jesus the “I Am.”
- Discuss the role of the Holy Spirit in this journey. How have you struggled and/or come to clarity about the Holy Spirit’s role in your life?
- Discuss the role of the body of Christ in your journey to know Jesus better.