The Names of God: Jehovah Rapha
God can and sometimes does bring physical healing, but His primary priority is for our spiritual healing. And He uses the brokenness of this world to shape us into the people He wants us to be.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What most impacted you in this message?
- Prior to today’s message, what would you have thought Jehovah Rapha – the God who heals – means?
- If God’s priority is indeed our spiritual healing, discuss what that means to you today. Can you think of Scripture passages that deal with spiritual healing?
- Once a person has experienced spiritual reconciliation with God, and thus spiritual healing, how does one progress on the road to mental and emotional healing? What passages of Scripture can you consider in this regard?
- In what ways have you struggled through the notion of physical healing in this life? What conclusions have you come to related to physical healing?
- What is the role of prayer in relation to physical healing?