Our job is to move through life in tandem with the Holy Spirit, being able to follow His lead on every turn. We keep in step with the Spirit by renewing our minds in the Word every day, but learning to discern, and by seeking wise counsel.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What were your impressions and what stood out to you about this week’s message?
- What are a few key words that describe “your walk” through this life related to consistent patterns?
- When you consider the journey of sanctification and the process of becoming more like Christ, what are the key things the Lord is working on with you?
- Discuss that matter of discerning your own heart, the work of the enemy and the movement of the Spirit. How do you navigate discerning the influence of each?
- Discuss the struggle of responding to the Spirit when frustrations occur (when hungry, angry, lonely, and tired).
- Read Romans 8. Discuss the interplay between the Spirit and the flesh in this passage.
- Responding to the Spirit’s nudge even in largely inconsequential moments, like merging into traffic, help to shape our responses to more difficult things in life. Agree/disagree? Explain.
- What is one thing you will do this week in an effort to more effectively walk in step with the Spirit?