Jesus prayed that His church might be “one” as He and His Father are one. The global church might seem more divided than ever, but we pray that real unity will come as we focus on the central truths of the gospel message.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing from this message that you found particularly helpful, challenging, or encouraging?
- Read and discuss John 17. What does this reveal to us about Jesus’ relationship to His Father? How does Jesus tie this prayer to our relationship with the Father? How should it impact our relationships with each other?
- How can worldly comfort cause us to lose our spiritual zeal? How have you observed or experienced that?
- In what ways is the church “being discipled by the Internet”? Do you think our online habits affect how we live out our faith? Why or why not?
- In what ways does the gospel of Jesus Christ both call and enable us to unity?
- How do we as a church need to contend for unity? What part do you need to play in building and preserving unity in our body?