The Fruit of the Spirit, Part 2
After accepting Jesus Christ, receiving the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, and pursuing God passionately, do you find yourself growing into a warmhearted, considerate, gentle, and sympathetic person?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing that you found particularly encouraging, challenging, or helpful in this message?
- Read and discuss Galatians 5:22-23. What is the significance of these qualities being “of the spirit”? By contrast, what would be the fruits of the flesh, world or enemy? How can we tell the difference?
- Compare and contrast joy with happiness. What are some examples of both in your life? What happens if we confuse joy with happiness?
- What is biblical peace? How does that differ from a worldly definition of peace?
- In what ways is anxiety a “false prophet”?
- What does it mean to be patient, or long-suffering? What is the greatest threat to the fruit of biblical patience blossoming in your life? In what ways have you seen the Lord work in your life in this area?
- Who is the kindest person you know? In what ways does the gospel of Jesus empower us to deep, consistent kindness toward others?