Because of my faith in Jesus, and my pursuit of Him in the power of His indwelling Holy Spirit, does love grow out of me toward others regardless of their behavior toward me?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing that you found particularly encouraging, challenging, or helpful in this message?
- Read and discuss Galatians 5:16-26. What things do you notice as you reach through this section? What is the broader context in which Paul is writing this?
- What does it mean to “walk in” or “walk by” the Spirit (Galatians 5:16)?
- What is the significance of fruit as a biblical metaphor? Where else does fruit show up in the Bible?
- How does this section encapsulate the two operating principles of the law and the Spirit? How does the operating principle we choose to live by determine the fruit our lives manifest?
- Why might love be “first among equals” when considering the fruit of the Spirit? What is something that demonstrates love to you?
- Does love grow out of you toward others, regardless of their behavior toward you? In what ways do you need to grow in this?