The biblical road to maturity includes the mistakes we make, the false accusations against us, the people in our life, and the trials we face.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- Regarding Bill's opening scenario, would you have written the ticket? Why or why not?
- Read and discuss Genesis 39. What do you note about the attributes and character of God? Of Joseph?
- "Position has nothing to do with prosperity. Character dictates prosperity." Have you found this to be true? Why or why not?
- What mistakes have you made in your life that have contributed to your maturity in Christ?
- Have you ever been falsely accused? What happened? How did it contribute to your maturity in Christ?
- Who has the Lord brought into your life that has helped you mature in Him?
- What is the worst trial you have ever faced? Did God use it to mature you in Him? How?
- How does the gospel of Jesus lead and empower our maturity in the Lord?