The Authority of Scripture, Part 1 – Wise Unto Salvation
There is no end to the depth of God’s Word. It is a book that gives life to the human soul and spirit. So what blocks our desire to read it and learn from it?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is one thing about this message that challenged, encouraged, or helped you?
- What are some things that the Bible does that no other book or person can do?
- What blocks your desire from getting into the Word of God? How does the world try to pull us away from engaging with the Scripture?
- The Bible uses many metaphors to describe itself, including the list below. Choose a few of these and discuss what we can learn about God’s Word from them.
- Water (Ephesians 5:26)
- Fire (Jeremiah 5:14)
- Light (Psalm 119:130)
- Sword (Ephesians 6:17)
- Seed (Luke 8:11)
- Food (Hebrews 6:5)
- Hammer (Jeremiah 23:29)
- Mirror (James 1:23)
- Lamp (Psalm 119:105)
- Gold (Psalm 19:10)
- Anchor (Hebrews 6:19)
- Honey (Psalm 119:103)
- How does Scripture make us “wise unto salvation” (2 Timothy 3:15)? What does it mean to be saved?
- Spend some time praying that God would increase your desire to seek Him and know Him through His Word this year.