The more we fix our gaze on the Lord, the more we become radiant, transformed, changed into His likeness and image.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing about this message that you found particularly compelling, encouraging, challenging, or beneficial?
- In what ways can culture and society be blind to what is plain before them? In what ways can the church be blind to what is plain before us?
- Read and discuss 2 Corinthians 4:4-10, Titus 2:11-14 and Psalm 34:4-5. What themes do you note in these verses? What are we to know about God and about ourselves based on these verses? What are we to do based on these verses?
- What does it mean that we are earthen vessels (2 Corinthians 4:7)? What are the implications of this for us?
- In what ways should Christ followers be looking ahead to the return of Jesus? Do you find this to be easy or difficult in your life? Why?
- In what ways do we become like the things we gaze upon? How have you observed or experienced this?
- What does it mean to “look to Christ”? How do we do this? What are the results?