When our identity fades, our hope fades. But if our identity is in Christ, our hope will go on forever. What do you find is getting in the way of an all-consuming passion for Christ?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing from this message that you found particularly helpful, challenging, or encouraging?
- What do Christians mean when we say, “it’s about relationship, not religion”? How can we keep this from becoming cliché?
- Read and discuss Philippians 1:21 and Galatians 2:20. What is the essence of what Paul is saying here? What does this have to do with identity? How should we apply this to our own lives?
- “My life is identified by ________.” How would you fill in the blank?
- What does it mean to have our identity in Christ? How do you struggle with this? What other things tend to consume you?
- Discuss the following statement: “When our identity fades, our hope fades. And you can’t live very long without hope.” How have you seen or experienced this? What examples can you think of?
- What areas of your life are you believing “your account of you” instead of Scripture’s account of you?
- Would you say you have a “consuming passion” for knowing Christ and making Him known? Why or why not? Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed.