We live in a culture with a lack of hospitality. If we don’t think that is influencing us, even in the church, we should think again. Are we a hospitable church? Are we hospitable people?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out to you in this message?
- The book of 3 John starts out talking about truth and love. Discuss your challenges in finding the balance in those two words in your own relationships.
- Do you feel that our church is an hospitable one? Why or why not? How could our church be more hospitable?
- Do you believe the church, as a whole, struggles more today with hospitality than in the first century? Why or why not?
- Describe a time when you felt particularly welcome in a new environment. What was that like? Why do you believe it was that way?
- Would you consider yourself an hospitable person? Why or why not?
- What are practical steps you can take to be more hospitable?