Living Faith, Part 7: Watch Your Mouth
With the words we use, we can breathe life into others, or we can breathe death. It is incumbent on each of us to evaluate what comes out of our mouths by examining our hearts and spheres of influence, being purposefully encouraging, and speaking the truth in love.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out to you in the message from this week?
- Describe someone you know who is effective with their words. Why do you think they are so good at it?
- What is the kind of situation in which your words are most likely to cause difficulty?
- Is there a time when the careless words of another made a lasting impact on you? If you are comfortable, please share it with the group.
- When you are most likely to have difficulty with words, what is contributing to that in your heart?
- What makes it a challenge to be more encouraging with your words?
- What is a Scripture verse that means the most to you related to this discussion? Decide to memorize it.