Living Faith, Part 3: Battling Temptation
The temptation to sin is a process that we can interrupt. In the power of the Holy Spirit, engaging His Word and through community, we can be proactive to stop at temptation and not step into sin.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out to you in this message?
- When life is difficult, is your tendency to run to God for comfort or be frustrated with Him for allowing it to happen? Why do you think this is your default?
- What are the circumstantial triggers that occur in your life that you can identify in advance?
- Do you have any particular Bible verses that are helpful to you when dealing with particular temptations?
- Is it a challenge, or relatively simple, for you to invite others to hold you accountable in certain areas?
- Discuss the need for the human mind to lead the way for the feelings and the will. How do you see this playing out in your life?
- Does the reality that Jesus was tempted even though He did not sin provide a comfort to you? Why or why not?